Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July


Yes, we braved the rain (which was really only a drizzle then it stopped) to support community parade, we love our neighborhood small parade, it has so much small town charm to it. We sat with family, visited with one of  Anna's schoolmates and filled a large bag of candy. So much candy at one point Amelia said "no more candy"!

This year the Budweiser Clydesdale's kicked off the parade, so cool, my favorite part! Brian and I always love the marching bands, but the girls sat with their ears covered, too loud for them. Anna loved the Johnny Brock's rolling monster and Amelia love the band flag girls, saying, "I want to do that when I'm older".

The girls look grumpy in the top photo, but they were waiting patently since the parade did start a bit late... rain delay. I am so glad we did not let the rain hold us home, it was the fun nostalgic event we always love to attend!

No comments: