Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I had the time of my life..

Patrick Swayze died today, how sad... I am a big fan of the Dirty Dancing movie. The movie came out in 1987, I was 15, my parents wouldn't let me see it because my aunt told them it was about a young girl having sex, sexy dancing and an abortion was involved. Well, I finally saw the movie and loved it just like thousands of young girls from my generation loved it. I wanted to be "baby", she had such an exciting summer.

I loved the dancing, the story, the clothes and I love the oldies music throughout, so this movie hit a cord with me. I have the sound track on my ipod and often sing along to... how do you call your lover boy... oh lover boy!

2 comments:

Red Red Completely Red said...

I know, how sad. I love that movie too. He'll definitely be missed.

Robbin said...

loverboy? come here loverboy!!! dirty dancing is also my fave movie ever. i'll miss swayze.