Monday, September 27, 2010

I gave it a shot!


You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
--Beverly Sills, 1929

This past weekend was my first craft fair and sadly I did not do as well as hoped. Everyone loved my items but no one was buying. None of the other tables did that well either, except the cheese couple, they had cheese samples and sold quite a bit. I talked to a few of the other vendors and they told me my items would be a much better fit for some other local fairs and that I should really sign up for them.

It's not so much the lack of sales, which did suck (at least I made back the table and tax registration fee times two). But I did not enjoy the process in as a whole. Spending my whole Saturday 8:30 till 6:00 sitting at a table as people walking by telling me how cute my items were, touching it all and then not buying. Ugh... I can't do it again, it is very stressful to me. I will stick with selling on etsy, I average one item a week on etsy and that is just fine for this hobby of mine.

The best part of the day was my husband, who cheerfully agreed to help me with this adventure. We sat together making funny faces to each other about the kooky guys sitting right behind us, the tables were way too close together! We enjoyed the people watching and he was good with the customer banter that I dread. He was my rock that day and it really made me realize again just how much he loves and supports me in every way!


Also... I send a big thank you to my parents who watched the girls all day! And my friends who stopped by to show their support. I am so lucky to have people who encourage me in all my adventures.

No comments: