Friday, August 31, 2012

BOY AND A GIRL IN A LITTLE CANOE

Growing up I went to Girl Scout camp many times, I even worked at camp one summer at age 16 as a lifeguard. I always loved the all camp fire at the end of every week. It was always a bit emotional as we said good-bye to our new friends and good times at camp.

There are several songs that I remember and feel a bit melancholy about.
Below are the words to one of my favorite songs...


BOY AND A GIRL IN A LITTLE CANOE

There’s a boy and a girl in a little canoe,
with the moon shining all around

they paddled and paddled slow,
you couldn't hear a sound

So, they talked and they talked, 'til the moon grew dim

He said, "You better kiss me or get out and swim!"

So, whatcha gonna do in a little canoe,
with the moon shining all a-
girl paddlin’ all a-
boy swimming all around?

Smart girl!


Need more Girl Scout song ideas? Below is a link to a PDF I that created with Brownie songs. I'm happy to share these with you.

No comments: